you future employer
Over the years, our client has expanded through a number of strategic mergers and acquisitions, supported by a very well-capitalized traditional brick and mortar firm (based on providing essential services in different continents - generating sustainable revenue to the entire group). This offers the digital economy's upside potential as well as the stability of the traditional economy. They possess numerous lucrative commercial operations and portfolios around the APAC area, some of which are well-known brands and important companies to our economy.
about the job
- Take on a strategic leadership role in building and assuring the data science department's maximum capabilities. regionally assisting the group's operations
- In charge of managing personnel and ensuring that they carry out their responsibilities in accordance with the company's overarching vision.
- Work together and offer departmental heads across the region/group advice in order to develop advanced analytic data modelling systems.
- Provide general direction and planning for the creation and application of big data capabilities, including the coordination of cross-functional analytic projects.
- Making use of local resources to develop data analytics, data warehousing, data engineering, data modelling, business insights, and intelligence capabilities in order to develop big data applications that use both structured and unstructured data, design the best possible data architecture, and test out novel machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in technology, data science, or analytics required of the successful applicant (compulsory)
- A minimum of 5 years of management or leadership experience in a division that leads in technology, data science, or analytics
- Knowledge of how to build an outstanding Data Science/Analytics team, including the ability to serve as a deputy and to duplicate success on a different scale or structure based on organisational needs.
- Strong business sense and the capacity to comprehend the data requirements of business stakeholders, including the ability to provide macro, strategic, and operational insights and intelligence.
- The ability to move or travel (regional job) as the team grows and expands, with the possibility to become a global centre in local or other countries.