about the company
Our client is a leader in their industry, being one of the largest players globally. They have set up their shared services here in Malaysia and are now looking for an AR Manager to manage their Collections team, reporting into the AR Tower Head
about the job
- Provide leadership and global stakeholder management for all Asia Pacific markets in AR/collections activities.
- Engage in identifying areas of improvements and automation, while managing all relevant parties for global AR projects.
- Monitor and ensure that all related activities to the month end close are performed in accordance to the global timeline communicated and prescribed checklist
- Review and approve monthly reports, while ensuring all activities are in compliance to global/SOX policies.
- Liaise with the local Business Partners on the month end activity, including setting up calls with local country teams during month end close.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly reporting submissions are accurately prepared and submitted timely
- Ensure that all documentation of AR/Collections activities is duly prepared in desktop procedures, approved and updated
- Manage deliverables to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) defined for the team
- Establish and continuously monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the team to meet the performance standards of the SLAs
- Identify and implement initiatives to improve AR/Collections processes
- Provide support and input as required to company wide continuous improvement initiatives
- Proactively challenge the Status Quo, making fact based recommendations
- Attend structured meetings with key stakeholders
- Respond timely to queries from stakeholders and take actions to resolve
- Ensure high levels of stakeholder service and satisfaction
- Provide effective line management to direct reports
- Ensure that KPIs are integrated into personal performance objectives
- Ensure that effective personal performance and development reviews are carried out periodically
- Ensure that all matters related to IFRS, statutory audit and tax matters are attended to on timely manner and in compliance with legislation and regulatory requirement
skills and experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in accounting/finance/business.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, with AR/Collections & shared services experience being mandatory
- Strong leadership and ability to manage global stakeholders across APAC and globally in a Finance capacity
- Experience with SAP or Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Committed to delivering quality service and engagement with all relevant parties within AR department
- Able to identify process improvements/automations, with knowledge in technology relevant to AR
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.