Job Purpose Summary: The Financial Analyst plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the conglomerate's projects are financially viable and yield reasonable Return on Investment (ROI). This position involves financial modeling, data analysis, risk assessment, and supporting various financial aspects of projects. The ideal candidate, particularly those with experience in Big 4 auditing, will bring expertise in financial analysis and due diligence.
Financial Modeling: Develop and maintain financial models for the conglomerate's existing and future portfolio of projects. This includes preliminary assessments, detailed analysis of activities throughout development and operations, and ROI calculations.
Data Processing and Analysis: Process financial data and analyze results to generate accurate and insightful reports for senior management. Present financial findings and recommendations clearly and concisely.
Risk Analysis: Analyze and quantify risks and potential scenarios associated with projects to provide valuable insights and recommendations for informed decision-making. Evaluate the financial implications of different risk scenarios.
Supporting Commercial Proposals and M&A Transactions: Assist in the preparation and evaluation of commercial proposals and mergers and acquisitions transactions. This includes financial due diligence, valuation, and financial analysis to support decision-making.
Contractual Requirements: Analyze and interpret all contractual requirements associated with the projects to ensure compliance and highlight financial implications. Collaborate with the legal and project management teams to address financial aspects of contracts.
Stakeholder Coordination: Maintain effective communication and coordination with project stakeholders, including internal teams and external partners, to ensure that financial aspects align with project objectives.
Ad Hoc Tasks: Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support financial analysis and decision-making processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. A Master's degree or professional financial certifications (e.g., CFA, CPA) is advantageous.
- Proven experience as a financial analyst, with a preference for candidates with prior experience at Big 4 auditing firms.
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling and analysis, utilizing tools such as Microsoft Excel and financial software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial principles, accounting standards, and risk assessment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with cross-functional departments.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in financial reporting.
- Knowledge of the Malaysian business environment and regulatory framework is a plus.
- Proficiency in English is required