As a Fixed Asset Accountant within our Shared Service Center (SSC), you will assume a critical role in the management and accounting of fixed assets for our organization. Your responsibilities will include tracking, recording, and reporting on the company's fixed assets to ensure accurate financial records, compliance with accounting standards, and support for decision-making.
1. Fixed Asset Accounting:
- Maintain and update records of all fixed assets, including acquisition, depreciation, disposal, and revaluation.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
2. Asset Tracking and Verification:
- Conduct physical asset verification and reconciliations to confirm the accuracy of asset records.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies as needed.
3. Depreciation and Amortization:
- Calculate and record depreciation and amortization expenses in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Monitor asset useful lives and assess impairment where necessary.
4. Capital Expenditure Management:
- Collaborate with departments to track capital expenditures and ensure proper capitalization of assets.
- Prepare financial reports related to capital expenditure budgets and actuals.
5. Fixed Asset Reporting:
- Generate and distribute regular reports on fixed asset activity and status.
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures for fixed assets in compliance with accounting regulations.
6. Reconciliation and Audit Support:
- Reconcile fixed asset records with the general ledger and sub-ledgers.
- Assist in internal and external audits by providing necessary documentation and support.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience in fixed asset accounting, preferably within a shared service center or corporate environment.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Proficiency in using financial software, including experience with ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to data accuracy and compliance.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Familiarity with applicable accounting standards and regulations.