about the company
Your future employer is a well-known Sports Retailer, looking for a General Manager, mainly on site acquisition and store expansion. The team is expanding aggressively and getting the right talent to add value to the company.
about the job
- Identify and acquire new sites as well as manage property assets to deliver corporate targets and maximise sales/profit for the business
- Determine organization's needs for additional land and site locations
- Execute store development strategies to team members and external stakeholders
- Negotiate with landlords and finalize locations based on the structured expansion strategy and annual plan
- Perform acquisition due diligence and analysis of specific properties including financial analysis
- Analyse the business reports regularly, understand the challenges of the market and competitors’ development and others local business with regards to the global direction, and and propose improvement strategies to management
- Lead a team to support the expansion plan of the company, review and recommend suitable sites for expansion and identify target locations by conducting various feasibility studies and segmented strategy
- Build rapport and negotiate with landlords, developers, investors and bankers
- Identify and expand into new locations especially tier 2 and tier 3 cities
- Not only get involved in site acquisition and store expansion, but also in stores' construction, design and fit-out
- Support cross functional progress of new sites to Property Acquisition Governance (PAG) & International Property Meeting (IPM), manage post completion issues and eventually negotiate with third parties to meet customers' needs
- Maintain an up to date property database including new site proposals, valuations and site information
- Ensure that contract conditions are satisfied before handover to construction team and retail operation
- Lead the property team to identify opportunities to maximise income and/or profitability across the company's property assets including third party lettings or identification for disposals
skills and experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience within the retail management space
- Acquired with retail leasing, strategic expansion and store development experience
- Wide range of network with developers and retail property owners
- Strong communication skills and leadership qualities
- Ambitious and aggressive characters with extensive technical knowledge and experience
- Willing to travel frequently for work purpose
- Project-oriented and able to handle projects independently
culture and benefits
Your future employer is financially strong and growing rapidly in recent years with a strong portfolio of completed, ongoing and future projects secured. They have a good work environment, with a trusting and supportive management team. They reward their employees generously for good performance and emphasise personal growth for each employee.
how to apply
The above is just a guideline about the position. Please apply through this advertisement or log into www.randstad.com.my for further details. Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can reach me via email at email@example.com or https://www.linkedin.com/in/boey-ying-rui-045743184/. Kindly include your current, expected, project values, reason for leaving, notice period, dob in your resume....