about the company
Randstad is partnering with one of the leading accounting firm in Malaysia, with year-to-year growth, one could expect to grow with this company
about the job
Our client is currently looking for an ISQM Director and this role expects you to:
- Support the Quality Management Leader in monitoring internal processes and develop enhancements for the Firm’s system of quality management, particularly in identifying gaps in the current control environment and components of ISQM.
- Responsible for the control testing, risk assessment and monitoring and remediation process of the system of quality management, which is responsive to both the regulatory environment and the priorities of the Firm.
- Perform root cause analysis on the system of quality management to draw out and address the root causes of the system failings.
- Maintain documentation relating to the system of quality management in line with the monitoring and remediation performed and findings identified.
- Lead the coordination of Firm's audit operational policies and processes in supporting the engagement operations, technical operations, corporate communication, training programmes, engagement performance monitoring and practice management.
- Provide support and monitoring to the Firm on the license application and renewal, CPE hours compliance, training requirements, committee meeting coordination and troubleshooting.
- Communicate observations to the leaders of the Firm and managing leadership expectations.
- Perform as frontline coordinator in respect of compliance matters and relationship with regulators such as the AOB, PCAOB, MIA and MICPA.
skills & experience required
- Minimum 5 years working experience in audit or quality management experience for senior role.
- Hold a relevant and recognized accountancy qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CPA or equivalent) and have relevant knowledge and experience in quality compliance.
- Have either experience of working in a technical team environment or recent experience in external audit with a strong interest in audit/financial reporting technical matters.
- Prior experience in dealing with audit regulatory bodies is an added advantage.
- Detailed experience and knowledge of the regulations and regulatory environment impacting a professional services firm. Technical knowledge in the areas of risk management, compliance and professional ethics are desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of ISQM 1 and ISQM 2 and understanding of its requirements. Some knowledge of governance structures and control environments are desirable.
- Understanding of controls and their application in the workplace including design, sufficiency, operating effectiveness, deficiencies, and recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience and knowledge in data analytical applications is an added advantage.
- Ability to translate high-level technical literature into commonly understood language and usable data.
- Strong communications skills (oral and written reports) and confidence engaging with a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and experience of managing multiple projects/tasks.
- Able to work well under pressure and demonstrate a positive and committed attitude in dealings with both team members, audit partners and staff.
- A desire to help grow and develop the department, and the ability to develop self and others.
culture & benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals in interested to bolster and grow their career with a steadily growing company. This company offer a salary of up to RM 30,000.00 and benefits.
how to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals to bolster and grow their career with a steadily growing company with an abundance of opportunity. If you are keen on furthering your career with this role, kindly send your updated resume to Bryant.firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or contact Bryant at
+6016-4140218 for further enquiries.