about the company
Established in the 70s, then listed on Bursa Malaysia stock exchange in 2004. The company gained recognition as a pioneer provider in Point-of–Sale systems in Malaysia.
This company offers a wide range of solutions to its clients, including business management solutions, information technology security solutions, consulting services and contact centre outsourcing services for businesses across various industries, including retail, hospitality, automotive, telecommunications, financial and public services.
about the job
- Design and code applications that will work across the various Android versions
- Work in a fast-paced Agile team using unit tests, continuous delivery, continuous integration to rapidly test and deliver new features
- Conduct research to discover the new technologies and tools to help design, develop, implement and test new products features
- Collaborate with architects, product management and other delivery teams to shape new requirements and the architecture of the products
- Work with the product team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 2+ years in Java application development for Android devices
- Strong English Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Strong Analytical & Problem Solving skills
- Independent and capable of working under own initiative, under pressure and tight deadline
- Team Player with strong focus on the customer interfacing
- Willing to travel and able to take up overseas assignments when necessary
- Experience in POS-related systems is a plus
- Experience in Agile/Kanban methodology is an added advantage
- Experience in Java, Kotlin, SQLite, Scripting, XML and mobile web technologies is a plus
- Knowledge on Android Studio, GitLab and automation tool is added advantage
about the manager/team/ environment
You will be reporting to the CTO directly. You will be working in a casual and flexible environment. Flexi hours option available from 8am-10am. No OT culture but OT allowance will be given if necessary.