about the company
European multinational corporation that provides of data and intelligence to the consumer goods industry. It is headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany.
They love technology and are building cloud native applications with Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Java, Spring and more. They are agile and their focus is on constant improvement in our processes and ways of working and above all themselves.
about the job
Provided with a great opportunity to work as part of a cross functional agile team of technologist across two core
products within the company's product ecosystem. Whether it be as part of the “Data in” Team or their Retail Scout division you will get the opportunity to not only to hone your craft as a software engineer working primarily on the back end with Java but also to learn or brush up on modern DevOps tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes whilst gaining exposure to GCP.
- Work with the architects and an Agile team to influence the overall system architecture and performance goals.
- Ensure timely delivery of software projects while maintaining the quality.
- Ensure high software quality by writing unit and integration tests in TDD approach.
- Identify and address application and data issues that affect application integrity.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Suggest initiatives (e.g. training) that improve working efficiency and quality.
- Actively contributing in agile practices, such as estimating and planning.
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience with an open source Java stack
- Spring framework and ecosystem
- No-SQL Databases such as Mongo DB and Search indexes such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Have automated testing experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience in unit testing and mocking frameworks (Junit, NUnit, JustMock, Mockito)
- End-to-End testing using Selenium and Cucumber with Gherkin syntax
- Good understanding of Design Pattern and object oriented design (SOLID principles, Dependency Injection, Factory pattern)
13th month salary, performance bonus, ABP, hybrid working arrangement, medical, dental, optical, annual leaves, birthday leaves, sick leaves, and more.
Click the link to apply if you are interested and fit for the role. Alternatively, please reach out to Nicole Hua at email@example.com or https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicole-hua18/ for a confidential chat.
Recruitment Consultant - Digital and Emerging Technology