about the company
Based in the KLCC area, our client is an O&G operator.
about the job
- Provide in-house legal advice and services to support the business activities, with a key focus on procurement matters including participating in tender evaluation and contract negotiations, drafting, reviewing, and updating document templates and advising on any legal issues arising from operations.
- Identify and analyze legal issues in the negotiation of procurement-related agreements and arrangements and other legal documents and provide legal advice or recommendation.
- Collaborate with the relevant working team in the development of contracting strategies, and review tender documents to ensure legal risk exposure is minimised.
- Assist in preparing, reviewing, advising, evaluating, and identifying legal issues and/or exposure arising from any contracts and agreements committed or to be entered into by the Company from all levels/departments of the organization. This includes liaising with and managing external counsel.
- Assist in providing in-house support to corporate compliance - relevant laws and regulations and internal controls and procedures.
- Assist in analysing all material changes in the current law and facilitating compliance with the revised requirements.
about the manager/team
Reporting to the Head of Legal. She is technically sound and supportive. You’ll be working alongside a Legal Counsel and an Administrative Assistant.
skills & experience required
- Degree in Law and has been called to the Bar.
- Local Malaysians with 6 years of legal experience covering the oil & gas industry.
- Ability to monitor and analyze new legislation and procedures.
- Familiar with supply chain matters, with strong negotiation skills.
- A practical business-oriented approach to the practice of law
- Knowledge and experience in handling and advising on compliance matters including personal data protection, and anti-bribery and corruption.
culture & benefits
Our client offers rewarding careers with a base salary plus allowances of up to RM13,000 and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive.
how to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for senior legal associates looking for a strong and fulfilling career.
Kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or contact Alex Sin at 012 395 9922 for further details....