about the company
A household name in their respective industry. They are currently going through a company-wide transformation to becoming a cloud based organisation and ensuring their business premises provide their customers with a fully digitized experience.
about the job
- Act as the organisations' single point of contact for detecting and mitigating cyber security risk
- Establish/review information security strategy in accordance with organisational goals and objectives; Participate in IT projects to offer security-related advice ensuring the IT infrastructure is sufficiently secure from both cyberattacks and physical intrusions.
- Create, review, and improve IT policies, standards, guidelines, and best practises while ensuring that they are effectively implemented
- Promptly identify, investigate, and escalate all security issues (malware infections, unauthorised access, phishing emails, DDoS assaults, etc.) and to collaborate closely with stakeholders to ensure a fast response to such incidents.
- Provide the appropriate suggestions to reduce risk by analysing, troubleshooting, and investigating security-related information system anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based security alerts, and automated security alerts.
- Responsible for conducting IT security assessments, keeping a close eye on cyber threats and vulnerabilities, and offering security advice for enhancements to secure the infrastructure, systems, and applications
- Conduct recurring IT security control testing and gap remediation, along with security awareness training, educational programmes, and ongoing communications inside the firm about security.
- To ensure compliance with information security policies and guidelines, offer security consulting and architectural reviews.
- Accountable for tasks relating to IT security governance, such as coordinating and documenting IT audits, business continuity plans, and IT disaster recovery plans.
about the team | manager
You will work with a team of experience security and infrastucture specialists under the helm of a seasoned IT veteran with a broad experience in the security space
skills and experience required
- Bachelors in Information System or relevant IT Degree
- Creative, independent, good problem solving skill
- Excellent communication with strong analytical and writing skill.
- Experience in Firewall, Network Infrastructure Architecture, Operating System (Windows/Linux), etc. will be advantages
- Ability to manage third-party service providers
- Experience with Cloud security tools to advice and deploy security applications
note: Candidates must be a citizen of, or legally allowed to work in Malaysia.
how to apply
If you are ready to take the next leap in your career, use the 'apply' function. You may reach out to our Cybersecurity Recruitment Consultant: Zen Teng | email@example.com | LinkedIn | for a confidential chat.
For more Cybersecurity jobs, visit the Randstad Website and drop your profile.