about the company
This Client is the sales, service and engineering hub for the South East Asian countries in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar & Philippines for industries sectors. They provide sales and service support for products such as marine, power, oil and energy solutions
about the job
- You will be trouble shooting and pinpointing of mechanical and electronic failures of two-stroke and/or four-stroke engines
- You will be performing of repairs and execution of retrofits on existing installations
- You will be advising of repairs mechanical and electronical wise
- You will create service report on executed works with final conclusion
- Professional / technical development
- You will maintain and reinforce a good cooperation between licensee, ship-owners, classification societies and MAN
- You will assist customers to clarify technical question
- You will conduct engine commissioning at licensees
- You will attend engine quay trial and sea trials according to procedures to ensure engine performs as designed
- Sub-con engine follow up at shipyard
- Bachelor/Master Ship Operation Technology / Graduated Marine Engineer or Mechanical Engineer Combustion Engine
- Advisable to have seafaring time and professional experience two-stroke/ four-stroke engines
- Experience and solid knowledge of MAN two-stroke engines
- Practical knowledge of operation of our engines
- Good reporting skills and reporting any findings in the field in writing.
- Advanced analytical thinking, independent, punctual, resolute, hands-on mentality, can handle stress and difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Good communication skills and understands in English in conversation with clients subcontractors and other staff at site.
- Prepared to travel and work under sometimes difficult conditions.