Business Intelligence Team Lead
Business Intelligence Manager
about Randstad Sourceright
Randstad Sourceright is a global talent leader, providing solutions and expertise that help companies position for growth, execute on strategy, and improve business agility. Our experience encompasses all facets of the talent acquisition of permanent employees and the contingent and contractor workforce. Key offerings include Managed Services Provider (MSP) programs, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), and Blended Workforce Solutions. Randstad Sourceright offers solutions Globally in North America, EMEA, and APAC. Working for a multi-country organization means working with clients and colleagues from different backgrounds. This results in a digital way of working and requires a proactive and culturally inclusive mindset.
job context and purpose
Purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to take ownership of an area within business intelligence, this could be a specific service line or region, and partner with the BI customers within RSR (who can include but not limited to Data engineering, BI Support Teams, Operational Teams, Internal teams and RSR clients) and provide business solutions through data.
This position has operational and technical responsibility for reporting, analytics, and visualization dashboards across all operating companies within RSR. This position will develop processes and strategies to consolidate, automate, and improve reporting and dashboards for external clients and internal stakeholders.
As a Business intelligence team lead, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the BI service area with which you are aligned. This includes day-to-day management of all the BI solutions and prioritizing the workload within the area including the BI team members' workload.
You will also be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of BI solutions. This will include working with internal and external teams to ensure we are delivering a quality service which is adding value to our consumers.
- RSR internal stakeholders include but are not limited to C-Suite, Finance, Regional Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, and operational account leaders.
- RSR clients
- Responsible for the direct line management of business intelligence professionals. Where responsibilities include day to day management, work prioritization, upskilling and coaching, goal setting and development planning and performance management.
- Deal with stakeholder escalations
- Assist the regional leaders with shaping the future BI roadmap
- Responsible for delivering change management projects
- Achieving key objectives for the area
- Delivering best in class solutions
- Will champion data-driven decisions
- Improve existing processes and develop new better ways of working
- Responsible for being the liaison between the consumers/ops teams and the internal BI teams such as regional or data engineering teams
- Using client data and insights to highlight and provide observations, provide recommendations and contribute to ongoing business discussions and decision making.
- Use analysis of the client’s data to present the account leadership with any potential approaches or opportunities for improvement in service delivery performance and elevated value add opportunities.
- Have commercial awareness and work with the account leadership to maximise any revenue-generating opportunities.
- Solicit feedback from internal and external stakeholders in an organized manner to contribute to the objectives of the BI team and demonstrate RSR value.
- Contribute to the success of a wider global team
- Qualify the business needs of each request and use expertise to partner on solutions
- Develop strong working relationships with the client stakeholders and account leads.
- Serve as a functional and technical data visualization and business intelligence subject matter expert.
- Serve as subject matter expert for clients and advise during sales and solution design
- May also work with client program owners and ATS Vendor/Partners
- Day-to-day management of BI portfolio and client BI solutions.
Maintain Standards (20%):
- Work within the agreed parameters aligned to the global method of BI production
- Leverage an agile work environment to incorporate new innovative and value add components to existing portfolios
- Organize a feedback standard from stakeholders (internal and external) in order to create use case, case study materials and other customer-facing material (coordinate with RFP and sales approach as appropriate)
- Promote available resources and enterprise tools for operations training/ coaching needs from a BI perspective
- Ensure data governance principles and guidelines are being met
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, Master’s degree a plus
- Project Management and/or process improvement experience highly preferred
- Management within Business Intelligence/Data Science/Analytics background is essential
- Talent Acquisition/MSP/RPO/People Analytics experience is preferred
- 5 years+ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the recruitment industry (e.g. MSP/RPO) and/or B2B marketing
- Experience with Domo and GCP
- Ability to turn ambiguous information and unstructured challenges into insights, plans and recommendations in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to mine data, improve and develop new data sources (including attribution) and translate data into actionable recommendations and compelling stories.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Line management of a team of BI or data analysts
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills required for various levels throughout external and internal organizations
- Excellent presentation skills used in delivering solutions to executive-level clients
- Demonstrated continuous improvement, process documentation, and workflow skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS - Excel with knowledge of macros and pivot tables.
- Excellent working knowledge of Google products, and visualization tools Domo, Tableau, etc
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and meeting deadlines while maintaining quality
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information and ideas
- Strong drive and commitment to delivering outstanding results
- Have the ability to provide value with the use of analytics to help achieve the account’s objectives and the client’s initiatives.
- Ability to create meaningful insights and metrics that aligned to business priorities and objectives
- Data visualisation preferred; ability to interpret data and translate it to non tech (lamens) people.
- Ability to write Intermediate SQL scripts
- Experience in data pipeline creation, quality improvement and analysis to provide teams with actionable insights, informing strategy, impact and investments.
- Experience with analytics tools.
- Extensive experience in technical client service (i.e. consulting experience).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail and a well-organized, structured approach to work.