Data Access Control Expert
job family 
job subfamily 
job code 
job grade 
reports to Global Manager, Data Access Control
about Randstad Sourceright
Randstad Sourceright is a global talent leader, providing solutions and expertise
that help companies position for growth, execute on strategy, and improve
business agility. Sourceright’s experience encompasses all facets of the talent
acquisition of permanent employees and the contingent and contractor
workforce. Key offerings include Managed Services Provider (MSP) programs,
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Blended Workforce Solutions.
Working for a multi-country organization, means working with clients and
colleagues with different backgrounds. This results in a digital way of working
and requires a proactive mind-set.
Data Governance Team
As part of the Global Data, Analytics and RPA team, the Data Governance team drives
multiple aspects, across RSR departments, both Global and Regional.
● Compliance & Quality processes related to Client Data
● RSR Corporate data strategy
● Ownership & Governance of Business Intelligence tools
We focus on how data leverages and accelerates business value, in a compliant, qualitative
and sustainable way. Data must be usable, it must be mastered and in a format that can be
used by the business. To create value, we need to assess, understand and maintain both
data quality and integrity. Data risk needs to be charted and mitigated. Risk mitigation
processes should be developed, implemented, monitored and kept up to date.
In a global organization with multi-country clients, we face complex data management and
governance challenges, based on volume and variety of country, as well as regional specific
laws and regulations, especially those involving data privacy, security and compliance. We
are responsible for navigating, understanding and integrating these complexities in our
processes, roles, responsibilities and actions throughout the organization.
Our partners, stakeholders and audiences are global, regional and local and we connect with
data professionals in RSR and in the other entities of the randstad group.
Teaming up, together to manage data as a true asset in our organization and way of doing
business day to day.
purpose of the job
Under direction of the Global Manager, Data Access Control, the Data Access Control Expert
provides administrative and technical support for key Business Intelligence & Data
Governance tools. This individual will gather and coordinate incoming issues and questions
to review with the team or vendors’ support department.
This role will also interact with clients and internal users to facilitate appropriate access to
the related platforms ensuring Data Privacy and Information Security rules are respected.
This role will act as tier one support for access issues and changes to content and data
access. This role will work with Client Service Directors and Account Leaders to ensure their
teams and clients have the appropriate access to information and data. This individual will
follow-up on the onboarding/off-boarding of employees for clients to ensure appropriate
access is maintained in compliance with governance policies and industry best practices.
This role provides information and distributes the existing documentation to support both
client and internal users and plays an active role in housekeeping of the environment
regarding legacy content, datasets and dataflows.
key performance indicators
● successful and qualitative management of user & access, internal and external.
● qualitative service of client and internal issues.
● housekeeping of the related platforms, within the governance policies.
● Client users of the related BI platform
● CSD + Account teams of the related BI platform
● RSR/REG users of the related BI & DG platforms
● Content Creators: Global BI, Cat BI, Finance, ...
● Process user requests (account creation/removal, and content changes)
● Interacts with client users to facilitate appropriate access to the platforms.
● Communicate with account teams, CSD’s, BI team members, and organisational leadership around
access needs, general policy and other questions
● Provide user support related to accessing related BI & DG platforms
● Support data processing activities
● Troubleshoot access and data security issues at both end user and content creator levels
● Support user, data and security audit activities
● Follow internal data governance policies around data access
● Acts as tier one support for access issues and changes to content and data access.
● Follow up the onboarding of employees and exit for clients to ensure access is revoked and licenses are
● Takes the necessary actions to reallocate the reports, dashboards, datasets and data flows when an
employee moves out of a role.
● Acts as tier 1 support for data connections to internal and external systems, to make sure connection
details and credentials are valid and within compliance and the necessary roles and access are in place
according to the governance policies of RSR.
● Supports data processing and maintenance activities, housekeeping of the environment regarding
legacy content, datasets and dataflows.
● Follow up with the owners of failing dataflows and datasets, for a solution or cleanup.
● Works within a data governance framework to support data security and integrity.
● Participates in beta testing and new feature debugging
● Document any necessary processes that are developed
competences & skills
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
● English: strong written and verbal skills – must be able to clearly and professionally
communicate to both client and internal users, with various levels of technical
● patient, have strong listening skills and ability to ask probing questions
● Excellent attention to detail
● excellent troubleshooting/critical problem solving abilities – subject area exists within
a complex framework of internal policies, legacy practices, and limitations within the
tech itself; the successful candidate will be skilled at analyzing issues to target
● Strong technical aptitude basic SQL knowledge is a plus, but not mandatory
● knowledge of google suite (G Drive, Sheets), is a plus, but not mandatory
● highly organized with strong attention to detail
● strong ownership and follow-through