As the Crew Payroll Cost Controller, you will be responsible for managing and controlling crew payroll costs for our organization. This critical role requires meticulous attention to detail, a strong grasp of financial analysis, and the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate and efficient payroll processes while controlling and optimizing crew-related expenses.
1. Payroll Cost Management:
- Oversee and manage crew payroll cost processes, ensuring accurate and timely payments to crew members.
- Monitor and analyze crew payroll expenses, identifying discrepancies, and taking corrective actions.
- Develop and implement strategies to control and optimize crew-related costs.
2. Data Analysis:
- Collect, compile, and analyze payroll and crew cost data to identify trends, cost drivers, and areas for improvement.
- Create regular reports and dashboards to provide insights into payroll costs and variances.
3. Compliance and Regulations:
- Ensure compliance with labor laws, collective agreements, and other relevant regulations related to crew payroll.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure adherence to applicable rules and regulations.
4. Process Improvement:
- Continuously evaluate and improve crew payroll processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Implement automation and technology solutions to streamline payroll activities.
5. Budget Management:
- Assist in the development and management of crew payroll budgets.
- Monitor actual expenses against budgeted figures and provide explanations for any variances.
6. Cost Reporting:
- Prepare and present regular crew payroll cost reports to senior management.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
7. Vendor Management:
- Collaborate with third-party service providers involved in crew payroll, ensuring service quality and cost-effectiveness.
8. Communication and Collaboration:
- Work closely with HR, finance, and crewing departments to ensure alignment on payroll processes and cost control strategies.
- Address crew payroll inquiries and issues promptly and professionally.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field. Relevant certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience in payroll management and cost control, particularly in a maritime or crewing environment.
- Strong understanding of labor laws and regulations, collective agreements, and maritime labor practices.
- Proficiency in using payroll and accounting software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial planning.
- Ability to adapt to changing regulations and industry practices.
The Crew Payroll Cost Controller role is essential in ensuring accurate payroll management while controlling and optimizing crew-related expenses. It represents a significant opportunity to contribute to the financial health and efficiency of our organization's crewing operations....