your future employer
Global professioanl services with a wide reach of a 125 countries and commited to helping their clients solve problems. Culturally, they stand for equality, collaboration and pragmatism.
- Salary: RM 12,000 - RM 16,000
- Benefits: medical, international exposure, great team, great culture
- Reports to: Head of Security Operations
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
as the Principal SOC Engineer, you will
- Operate as part of a geographically dispersed team, while maintaining oversight of a small team of in-house engineers.
- Optimise threat detection products for data loss prevention (DLP), security information and event management (SIEM), advanced email protection, endpoint detection and response (EDR), antivirus, cloud security products, intrusion detection systems, and other industry standard security technologies.
- Develop subject matter expertise in operational security, providing advice and guidance to other teams within the business on good practice and maintaining relevant and current industry knowledge through publications, events, and training.
- Work with third party security vendors to scope penetration tests on systems and applications.
- Participating in security exercises and simulations within the security team and across the business.
- Provide timely and relevant updates to appropriate stakeholders and decision makers.
preferred candidate should have
- Previous experience in assessing, developing, implementing, and documenting security technologies and processes.
- Prior experience with secure software development, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security within cloud and hybrid environments.
- Able to write detection signatures, tune correlation rules and outcomes via security information and event management (SIEM) and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) platforms e.g Splunk, MS Sentinel.
- Solid understanding of a range of compliance, regulatory, and legal requirements and relevant principles, best practices, and standards across multiple industries (ISO, NIST, CSA, Cyber Essentials, Essential 8)
- You will have a forensic eye for detail with strong administrative and communication skills.
- Experience working with development teams, utilising web application testing tools and methodologies.
why you should apply
The exposure to new and advanced threats, the chance to work with energetic and security-focused individuals and the name of the brand you represent makes this opportunity an excellent choice for your next career move.
how to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, kindly click on the appropriate link to apply. Alternatively, you may send your latest CV to email@example.com for a confidential chat.
Zen Teng | Recruitment Consultant | firstname.lastname@example.org...