about the company
Our client is a leading regional consulting and technology solutions firm, based in Petaling Jaya. They are currently seeking a Senior Finance Manager to head up their finance & accounting team.
about the job
You will report to the CFO/Director, responsible in delivering accounting services across all business areas for the Malaysia operations.
- Manage and monitor accounting activities to ensure the organization’s financial resources are managed in accordance with accounting principles and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards. These include general ledger maintenance; financial analysis and reporting; budgeting, revenue, and reporting.
- Direct, evaluate, and develop a Finance team to ensure that accounting activities are completed accurately and on time for the group.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to functional or BU managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities
- Advise senior management on financial matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organization.
- Monthly closing- conducting analytical review, seek clarifications and ensure correctness of results and reports
- Consolidation of group results and reporting to Headquarters
- Management reports - review reports, draft explanations for reporting in GM and executive meetings
- Half yearly budgets - co-ordinate budget preparation, conduct discussions with corporate/business groups and regional F&A
- Participate in monthly business reviews
- Corporate approval - monitor the expense control and consider financial impact to the company
- Project review - monitor and review on-going business projects including percentage of completion on long term projects.
- Agreements Review- to address any tax and accounting issues before contractual obligations established
- Coordinate and support statutory audit for the legal entity and for regional subsidiaries
- Coordinate and support controls and internal audit requirements
- Review of tax matters to ensure compliance to local laws and regulations
- Responsible for driving improvements in processes for the group
- Review and approve business standards for the group
- Custodian of business and accounting systems- support system implementations and upgrades and improvements as necessary
- Accounting support for mergers and acquisitions/divestitures as necessary
- Project and adhoc work assigned by Management.
skills and experience required
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA etc) is mandatory.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with strong accounting, finance and taxation background. Experience within a technology business is also a must, overseeing financial components of multiple projects
- Possess leadership capability and have managed team size of minimum 3 to 5 people.
- Good knowledge in IFRS & local Malaysian accounting standards.
- Experience in SAP system and systems implementations
- Proactive and result oriented
- Ability to travel in the region, if required
- Ability to build good relationships with different stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset, focussed on solutions, and taking initiative to deliver desired outcomes
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, please contact Manveer Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org