about the company
Our client is a public-listed e-commerce company.
about the job
- This is an individual contributor role.
- Lead all legal activities within the Group and provide sound legal advice and guidance for all review and preparation of requirement legal documentation.
- Provide advice and support to the Group in all legal matters that impacts the group of companies and ensure effective communications with internal stakeholders (finance, business units and operations teams).
- Monitor and provide counsel on the group’s policies and operating procedures and ensure its compliance with the prevailing applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and authorities’ rulings.
- Able to highlight risks/exposures involved, identify possible breaches and non-compliance under applicable laws and regulations as well as internal procedures and policies, and offer mitigating solutions.
- Draft, negotiate and review legal agreements.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of pertinent laws. Conducts research on special areas of law as may be assigned from time to time and keep updated with changes in the law which might affect the Company.
- Liaise with external solicitors and third parties as and when necessary.
- Oversee the proper and accurate maintenance of registers and records of legal documents to ensure confidentiality, safe custody, and easy retrieval of Company’s documents.
- Minimize legal risk and costs, reduce litigation exposure, and ensure legal compliance.
about the manager/team
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. He’s a friendly and tech-savvy professional with more than 20 years of experience. The team works well and has a good team spirit.
skills & experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Law, or its equivalent.
- Local Malaysian with a minimum of 5 years of legal experience preferably covering the eCommerce, ePayment and/or digital economy.
- Demonstrated experience in contracts negotiation, knowledgeable in general corporate and commercial law.
- Familiarity with IT law/cyberlaw will be an added advantage.
- Possess good time management, communication, and interpersonal skills with an eye for details.
- Able to work independently.
culture & benefits
Our client offers rewarding careers with exciting remuneration & benefits packages and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive.
how to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for legal candidates looking for a strong and fulfilling career.
Kindly send your application to email@example.com to apply or contact Alex Sin at 012 395 9922 for further details...