about the company
Randstad is partnering with one of the leading oil and gas company with year-to-year growth one could expect to grow with this company
about the job
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Tax Analyst and this role expects you to:
Delivery and support in fulfilling Malaysia tax compliance reporting requirements to the tax authorities, Joint Venture (JV) partners and Madrid head office. This role is also required to work closely with other teams within CFO department to support all reporting requirements.
- Compliance of Petroleum Income Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Sabah State Sales Tax, Service Tax on Imported Taxable Service, Withholding Tax and Transfer Pricing. • Tax accounting for financial statements purpose. • Tax reporting for submission to head office. • Tax input for cash flow forecast purpose. • Tax advisory.
- Petroleum and Corporate Income Tax a) Prepare / review petroleum and company income tax computations and returns forms for annual tax filing to Malaysia Inland Revenue Board (MIRB). b) Work closely with colleagues from various departments to obtain accurate and reliable information for preparation of tax computations. c) Compute / review tax estimates for submission to MIRB. d) Monitor monthly tax instalment payment and work closely with Treasury / Administration teams to ensure timely settlement of tax payment to government authorities. e) Liaise with Ministry of Finance Malaysia to obtain remission letter to remit tax payment to Vietnamese Tax Authority. f) Apply for utilisation of tax credit to offset against tax payments and apply for tax refund. g) Liaise with MIRB and provide justification / supporting documents during audit. h) Liaise with Production Sharing Contract (PSC) JV partners to request information for petroleum income tax computation purpose.
- Tax Accounting and Tax Reporting a) Review monthly tax provision for both current and deferred taxes and propose the tax entries for booking into accounting system. b) Prepare/review quarterly tax questionnaires (tax reporting) submission to Madrid head office on current & deferred taxes and tax rate reconciliation. c) Prepare tax receivable, tax payable and deferred tax continuity. d) Assess deferred tax asset to determine if valuation allowance is required to reduce or derecognize the deferred tax asset. e) Update tax provision computation after audit adjustments and prepare Tax Notes for disclosure in Financial Statements. f) Review information for monthly tax reporting for submission to head office in respect of statutory payments to governments. g) True up tax numbers after submission of PITA returns.
- Tax Reforecast a) Provide tax pool (i.e. capital allowances and tax losses) to Performance, Planning and Management (PPM) team for the purposes of cash flow forecast and year end impairment exercise.
- Transfer Pricing a) Coordinate and compile related party transactions. b) Prepare Transfer Pricing Report. c) Coordinate and liaise with Madrid head office on periodic reporting requirements.
- Service Tax a) Review service tax computation return form and payment request in respect of Service Tax on Imported Taxable Service for monthly submission and payment to Royal Malaysian Customs Department.
- Sabah State Sales Tax a) Prepare monthly tax return, payment request and letter for submission to Sabah Ministry of Finance as well as liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment is made.
- Withholding Tax a) Advise on withholding tax treatment and review of withholding tax return and payment request for submission to IRB.
- Strong tax technical knowledge in all taxes regulations and updates. • Able to work in team and provide full cooperation. • Able to plan and monitor job status for meeting due dates. • Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. • Able to provide guidance to junior staff. • Self-discipline with minimal supervision.
Key HSE & Governance requirements
- Perform work activity in safely manners and do not expose or cause any harm/danger to other workers/contractors. • Comply with company safe work practices or measure. • Cooperate with supervisors and management and attend HSE training. • Wear any protective equipment or clothing provided by the company for the purpose of preventing risks to his safety and health while attending stock count in the warehouse/ offshore.
skills & experience required
- Relevant tax or accounting professional qualification – degree or equivalent holder (e.g. ACCA, MICPA, CIMA etc.) • Proficient in Petroleum Income Tax Act, Income Tax Act, Transfer Pricing Guidelines and Accounting Standard is required • At least 10 years in the field of accounting / taxation with experience in large accounting firms is preferred. • Experience working in the upstream oil and gas industry is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, MFRS and accounting and applied financial theory. • Ability to work in a fast moving environment with positive and proactive attitude. • Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word) applications would be a strong plus. • Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skill in English and Bahasa Malaysia • Self-motivated, strong analytical and financial analysis capabilities, high attention to detail and the ability to work independently. • Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and in a team and other departments.
culture & benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals in interested to bolster and grow their career with a steadily growing company. This company offer a salary of up to RM 15,000.00 and benefits.
how to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals to bolster and grow their career with a steadily growing company with an abundance of opportunity. If you are keen on furthering your career with this role, kindly send your updated resume to Bryant.firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or contact Bryant at
+6016-4140218 for further enquiries.