about the company
Our client is an insurance company.
about the job
- Leading the implementation of Malaysian Financial Reporting Standard (MFRS17: Insurance Contract) for Finance work-stream. This consists of providing system implementation requirements, data analytical for transition impact, and setting up the chart of account (COA) based on the MFRS17 requirement inclusive of financial statement disclosures.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting to Bank Negara for the Insurance Companies Statistical System (ICSS).
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and yearly hyperion financial reporting to AmBank Group.
- Responsible for the financial interim/yearly audit. This includes liaising with the external auditor to finalise the management letter point (MLP) and preparing the financial statement (interim/yearend).
- Responsible for preparing financial statement analysis (half yearly and yearly) for the management and board of directors (BOD).
- Responsible for ensuring all the monthly, quarterly and yearly closings are in a timely manner. Communicate to the respective department to ensure completeness of the financial data and timeline adhered followed.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in preparing board paper to the BOD for approval or notation purposes.
about the manager/team
Reporting directly to the financial controller, you will be leading the local statutory reporting team which consists of five subordinates.
skills & experience required
- ACCA/CPA/ICAEW/Degree in Accounting.
- Local Malaysian with a minimum of 3 years (manager opening) and 5-8 years (senior manager opening) of experience within Insurance Finance Reporting.
- Well-versed in relevant accounting standards.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and written/verbal communication skills.
culture & benefits
Our client offers rewarding careers with a salary plus allowancesThey believe in open & honest communication, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
how to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for senior finance leaders looking for a strong platform to grow their careers.
Kindly send your application in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or contact Alex Sin at +6012 395 9922 for further details....