about the company
Dutch MNC based in KL that is specialized in marine and aeronautical aids to navigation with explosionproof electrical equipment in the oil and gas industry.
about the job
The sales engineer is responsible for price calculations and technical specifications for quotations. The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge and understanding needed to sell competently the product or service offered and respond effectively to clients' queries. Clients are active in the Oil and Gas industry. The SE is often dealing with technical staff from Oil and Gas companies, engineering companies and contractors.
- You will be producing sales quotations and technical specifications that are realistically planned and budgeted.
- You will manage the account (from quotation till final payment of invoice) of OEM clients.
- You will follow up on quotations with clients
- You will provide product selection guidance and product education to clients
- You will prepare quotations for standard equipment and spare parts
- You will be doing quotation and order administration
- You will ensure customer demands are met in the quotation process
- You will contribute to (marketing and quotation) reports
- You will be performing communication with clients and external relations, including negotiation; establishing new, and maintaining existing, long-term relationships with customers;
- You will be communicating between clients and OBV on Documentation, order status and logistics when required.
- Vocational degree electro-technical engineering, must be able to understand single line diagram
- Strong affinity with commerce
- Several years of sales engineering experience preferably in a business-to-business environment
- Spoken and written command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Understanding of International business etiquettes
- Good communication skills